Delivering dreams to your doorstep: For many, Costco is a one-stop shop for various household needs, and mattresses are no exception. But the question arises: does Costco deliver mattresses, and if so, how does it work?
This comprehensive guide delves into all aspects of Costco’s mattress delivery service, empowering you to make informed decisions.
In this article:
Does Costco Deliver Mattresses for Free?
Yes, Costco offers free standard delivery for all mattresses purchased online or in-store. This includes innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, and latex mattresses of all sizes (twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king). However, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Free delivery does not include in-home setup or removal of your old mattress. Costco offers these services for an additional fee, which varies depending on your location and mattress size.
- Free delivery may only be available in some areas. You may be charged an additional shipping fee if you live in a remote location.
- Mattresses purchased online may take longer to ship than those purchased in-store. Be sure to factor in shipping times when making your purchase.
Delivery Charges: Unveiling the Hidden Fee
While technically “free,” the delivery cost is integrated into the mattress price. This means you won’t see a separate fee, but remember, it’s still factored in. Prices vary based on mattress size and type.
What are the additional fees for in-home setup and removal of old mattresses?
The cost of in-home setup and removal of your old mattress varies depending on your location and size. For example, in-home setup for a queen-size mattress typically costs around $100, while removal of an old queen-size mattress typically costs around $50.
What is included in Costco’s free mattress delivery?
Costco’s free mattress delivery includes curbside delivery only. The delivery driver will bring your mattress to your door and leave it there. You will be responsible for bringing the mattress inside and setting it up yourself.
How long does it take for Costco to deliver mattresses?
Expect a wait of 4-6 weeks for your mattress to arrive. Costco only stocks some brands and types in their warehouses. They coordinate with manufacturers, adding to the delivery timeline.
Standard Shipping (UPS/FedEx): Ideal for budget-conscious buyers. Mattresses arrive boxed, with delivery not including setup or haul-away (except in specific regions).
Costco’s standard delivery service entails bringing your new mattress directly to your doorstep, free of charge. This applies to all mattress purchases, regardless of size or price. However, remember that standard delivery typically doesn’t include setup or old mattress removal.
White Glove Delivery: This premium service entails Costco-hired agents delivering your mattress directly to your desired room, setting it up, removing packaging, and even hauling away your old mattress (within 50 miles of a Costco warehouse).
For an elevated delivery experience, opt for Costco’s White-Glove service. This premium option includes professional delivery personnel bringing your mattress inside your home and expertly setting it up on your desired bed frame, removing all the packaging materials for hassle-free disposal.
Additionally, they can haul away your old mattress for an added fee, ensuring a seamless transition.
Do I need to be home when my Costco mattress is delivered?
No, you do not need to be home when your Costco mattress is delivered. The delivery driver will leave the mattress at your door. However, it is a good idea to be home so that you can inspect the mattress for any damage.
Old Mattress Removal: Farewell, Lumpy Friend
For an additional fee, Costco offers old mattress removal, excluding infested or damaged items. They also haul away box springs and bed frames, not headboards or furniture.
Delivery Process: What’s Included?
- Room of choice placement: They deliver your mattress to your desired room.
- Bedding set exchange: Replace one old bedding set with a new one during delivery.
- Adjustable frame assembly: Opt for assembly of your adjustable frames and bases.
- Headboard/footboard assembly: Assemble these yourself before delivery unless purchased with the mattress.
- Used item removal: They haul away your old box springs, frames, and mattresses (excluding exclusions).
- Packaging removal: Cardboard and plastic packaging are disposed of by Costco.
- Exclusions: Headboards, footboards, furniture, lifting over obstructions, and window deliveries are not included.
Returns & Refunds: Buyer’s Remorse Relief
Costco boasts a generous return policy. If you’re unsatisfied with your mattress within a few months of purchase, you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked.
Mattress Performance: Comfort Conundrums
Costco mattresses generally outperform budget options. However, some customers find them less firm than expected, particularly memory foam and latex models. Additionally, more information on density, coil counts, and material composition is needed, making comparisons challenging.
A Universe of Mattress Brands
Costco is renowned for its wide range of brands, providing customers with an extensive selection. Among these are several noteworthy names in the mattress and bedding industry.
Simmons is one such brand known for its quality and comfort. Another notable brand is Drexel Heritage, which offers luxury and durability. Casper, famous for its innovative design, is also part of Costco’s lineup. Cocoon by Sealy stands out for its specialized technology in mattress comfort.
Additionally, Costco features Tempur-Pedic, which is famous for its memory foam mattresses that adapt to the body’s shape. Molecule is another brand that focuses on sleep science to enhance rest. Sealy Mattress is a traditional choice, offering a range of options for different preferences.
Beautyrest Mattress adds to this diverse collection with its unique features and high-quality materials. Kirkland Signature, Costco’s brand, is known for providing quality at an affordable price. Lastly, Novaform is included for its advanced foam technology and comfort.
Overall, Costco’s selection caters to a variety of tastes and needs, ensuring that every customer can find a mattress or bedding solution that suits them perfectly.
Remember, online availability often surpasses in-store options.
I hope this comprehensive guide empowers you to make informed decisions regarding your Costco mattress delivery. With its convenient delivery options, competitive prices, and renowned member benefits, Costco is a compelling choice for your mattress-buying journey.
So, rest easy knowing that Costco has you covered, from mattress selection to seamless delivery, for a sleep as deep as your satisfaction.
Can I track my mattress delivery?
Yes! Upon placing your order, you’ll receive a tracking number that allows you to monitor the delivery progress through the shipping carrier’s website.
What if I’m not home during delivery?
Costco requires someone present at delivery to receive and sign for the mattress. If you cannot be there, consider arranging for a trusted friend or neighbour to be present.
What if I live in a remote area?
Costco’s delivery service covers most regions, but checking availability in your area on their website before purchasing is advisable.
Can I return my mattress after it’s delivered?
Yes! Even after they’ve been delivered, Costco offers a generous 90-day return policy on mattresses. Simply contact Costco customer service to initiate the return process.
Does Costco deliver box springs?
Yes, Costco delivers box springs and mattresses with the same removal and installation policies.
Can I buy a mattress at Costco and have it delivered?
Yes, absolutely! Costco offers free standard delivery for all mattresses purchased online or in-store. This includes innerspring, memory foam, hybrid, and latex mattresses of all sizes (twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king).
However, it’s important to note:
- Free delivery doesn’t include in-home setup or removal of your old mattress. Depending on your location and mattress size, these services are available for an additional fee.
- Free delivery may only be available in some areas. If you live in a remote location, you might incur an additional shipping fee.
- Mattresses purchased online may take longer to ship than those purchased in-store—factor in shipping times when purchasing.
Does Costco deliver mattresses from the store?
Yes, they do! If you find your perfect mattress at your local Costco, you can usually take it home the same day. No need to wait for shipping!
Will Costco deliver a mattress upstairs?
Unfortunately, no. Costco’s standard delivery is curbside only, meaning they’ll bring the mattress to your door and leave it there. You’ll be responsible for getting it inside and setting it up yourself.
What is Costco White Glove mattress delivery?
Costco’s White Glove mattress delivery service is an optional upgrade that includes:
- Delivery to your room of choice: No more struggling to move that heavy mattress yourself!
- Unboxing and setup: The delivery crew will take care of everything, including removing your old mattress (if you choose the removal service).
- Debris removal: They’ll even clean up any packaging materials.
Here’s what White Glove delivery typically costs:
- Delivery fee: Around $80-$100, depending on location.
- Old mattress removal fee: Around $40-$50, depending on your location and size.
Is White Glove delivery worth it?
It depends on your needs and budget. White Glove delivery can be convenient if you have stairs or back problems or don’t want the hassle of moving a heavy mattress. Just remember to factor in the extra cost when making your decision.