In recent times, ensuring your vehicle is well-maintained is of paramount importance. However, many vehicle owners wonder if Walmart offers brake services. The answer is not as straightforward as you might think.
In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the array of services provided by Walmart’s Auto Care Center, shed light on whether you can purchase brake parts there, and explore alternative options for brake services.
In this article:
Does Walmart fix brakes on cars?
While Walmart may no longer offer in-store brake pad replacement, they do provide customers with the option to purchase brake pads and maintenance kits for sedans and 4×4 automobile models.
This means you can still obtain the necessary components at a Walmart store. However, it’s important to note that brake pad replacement can be a complex task and may require the expertise of a skilled automobile mechanic.
Walmart’s Partnership with Wrench.com
If you’re considering Walmart for brake repairs, you’ll be pleased to know that Walmart has partnered with Wrench.com, a reputable mobile mechanic service.
Walmart offers a convenient solution through the Wrench Mobile Mechanic Service, which can replace your brake pads at your home, starting at just $160. Additionally, Walmart stocks a range of brake pads and service tool kits suitable for sedan and 4X4 models. So, while they may not perform the service in-store, they can help you get the needed parts.
Wrench.com offers a convenient and cost-effective brake repair service that comes to your location, be it your home or office. This partnership allows you to have your brakes serviced by a certified mechanic without taking your vehicle to a physical service center.
Booking this service is straightforward and can be done through either Walmart’s Auto Care Center or their official website. The choice is yours, but the convenience remains the same.
What other Services does Wrench offer?
Wrench.com stands out as a premier mobile mechanic service in the United States. Their team of certified auto technicians delivers unparalleled service, ensuring vehicles are in the best of hands. To top it off, Wrench.com offers a generous one-year or 12,000-mile warranty on all services, offering customers additional peace of mind.
Services Provided by Wrench.com:
|Alternator replacement||Charges the battery by replacing the alternator.|
|Battery replacement||Changes out dead or deteriorating batteries.|
|Brake caliper replacement||Fixes faulty brake calipers.|
|Brake pad replacement||Installs new brake pads to replace worn ones.|
|Diagnostic service||Detects and diagnoses vehicular problems.|
|Emissions failure repair||Addresses issues causing vehicle emissions test failures.|
|Ignition coil replacement||Remedies faulty ignition coils.|
|Oil and filter change||Refreshes the engine with new oil and filters.|
|Radiator replacement||Changes out malfunctioning radiators.|
|Serpentine belt replacement||Installs new serpentine belts to replace damaged ones.|
|Spark plug replacement||Fits in new spark plugs to replace old ones.|
|Starter replacement||Rectifies faulty starters.|
|Thermostat replacement||Fixes malfunctioning thermostats.|
|Timing belt replacement||Installs new timing belts to replace old or damaged ones.|
|Transmission fluid change||Refreshes the transmission system with new fluid.|
|Water pump replacement||Changes out defective water pumps.|
Advantages of Using Wrench Mobile Mechanic Service via Walmart:
- Affordability: Walmart consistently offers cost-effective options for vehicle services, appealing particularly to those with older cars or on a tight budget.
- Time-saving: With Wrench’s mobile mechanics coming directly to you, you save invaluable time, particularly if you’re swamped with commitments.
- Guarantee: Wrench.com vouches for its work quality, promising a one-year or 12,000-mile warranty across all services.
- Convenience: For vehicles immobilized due to brake problems, Wrench’s mobile service is an effortless alternative, negating any towing needs.
Limitations of Using Wrench Mobile Mechanic Service via Walmart:
- Limited Services: Due to the mobile nature of its services, Wrench may not have as extensive an offering as traditional full-service auto centers, mainly because mobile mechanics work with a restricted set of tools and equipment.
- No Comprehensive Brake Inspection: Wrench mechanics might overlook certain brake system issues since they can’t conduct exhaustive brake inspections. It may necessitate a trip to a full-service auto center for a thorough check.
Signs Your Brakes Need Maintenance
Signs Your Brakes Need Maintenance
- Reduced responsiveness: If your brakes aren’t responding as well or as quickly as they once did, you must check them. This could be due to worn brake pads and discs, issues with the brake fluid, or a faulty hydraulic system.
- Worn brake pads: Brake pads cause friction with the disc brake to stop the vehicle from moving. As a wearable item, they will naturally wear down over time and need replacing.
- Brake fluid issues: Brake fluid is another essential part of the braking system. If it is not maintained properly, it can render the brakes ineffective.
- Contaminated brake fluid: If dirt or moisture gets into your brake fluid, the responsiveness of the brakes can be adversely affected.
- Unusual noises: Grinding or squeaking noises while braking are signs of potential problems.
- Dashboard warning lights: “Check brakes” or “check brake fluid” warnings should not be ignored.
Walmart Auto Services
Walmart Auto Centers offer a variety of car repair and maintenance services, including:
You might also want to know more about Walmart:
What other Options for the replacement of Car Brakes?
There are a number of places to get brake services, including:
- Jiffy Lube: A popular chain that offers limited brake services, such as brake pads and caliper replacement.
- Meineke: A full-service auto center that offers a wider range of brake services, including more complex work.
- Local manufacturer dealership: The best option for luxury or high-performance vehicles, as their technicians are specifically trained to handle these vehicles’ brake systems.
- Other brake service providers: Many independent brake service providers, such as Firestone, Les Schwab, Midas, AutoZone, and Pep Boys.
Jiffy Lube and AutoZone are among the least expensive places to get brakes repaired or replaced.
How much does it cost to change brake pads at Walmart?
The cost of brake components can vary depending on the brand, quality, and specific components you need. However, here is a general overview of the typical pricing at Walmart:
Here is a list of brake parts available at Walmart, along with their price range:
- Brake pads: $10.99 – $68.62
- Rotors: $16.33 – $590.36
- Calipers: $37.75 – $488.64
- Brake cleaner: $2.97 – $27.18
- Brake fluid: $3.47 – $314.98
These prices are just a starting point; the actual cost may vary depending on your vehicle and specific needs. To find the best deals, comparing prices from different retailers and looking for sales and promotions is recommended.
While Walmart no longer offers in-store brake pad replacement, they have introduced the Wrench Mobile Mechanic Service that can come to your home. Additionally, Walmart continues to sell brake components, making it a convenient one-stop shop for brake-related needs.
In conclusion, whether you opt for Walmart’s new mobile service, professional auto service centers, or tackle brake repairs independently, your safety on the road remains a top priority. Stay informed, act promptly when you notice brake issues, and make the best choice for your specific needs.
Does Walmart do brakes and rotors?
No, Walmart does not offer a brake service as part of their in-store auto services. However, they do offer an at-home brake service, which involves customers purchasing brake parts online and then scheduling an appointment for a mechanic to come to their house to install them.
How much does it cost to fix brake pads on a car?
The cost of replacing brake pads can vary widely. On average, it costs $100-$300 per axle to replace the brake pads in a vehicle. If you also need a set of rotors, you are looking at an additional $25 to $85 per rotor just for the parts.
Is Walmart’s brake cleaner chlorinated?
Yes, Walmart sells both chlorinated and non-chlorinated brake cleaners.
Does AutoZone do brakes?
AutoZone provides a complete range of brake drums, pads, replacement rotors, and everything else required to replace or repair your vehicle’s brakes. However, they do not offer services to replace these parts.
How much should front and rear brakes cost?
The average cost for a front brake job is between $110 and $250 without brake rotors. If you also need a set of rotors, you are looking at an additional $25 to $85 per rotor just for the parts. Therefore, for both front and rear brakes, including pads and rotors, the cost could range from $500-$1000.
Does Walmart replace brake light bulbs?
No, Walmart does not install brake lights. However, you can purchase brake light bulbs from Walmart and replace them yourself.