Ever find yourself needing cash while browsing the aisles of your local Walgreens? You’re in luck! Although not explicitly advertised, Walgreens does offer several avenues for accessing cash alongside your purchases.
Let’s explore these options and their intricacies.
Does Walgreens Give Cash Back?
Yes, Walgreens does offer cashback, but only with debit cards. Credit cards, personal checks, and gift cards are unfortunately not accepted. Walgreens allows cash back on debit card purchases as low as $0.01.
Ask the cashier for a specific amount (you can only request cashback in increments of $5, $10, and $20) during checkout, and it will be added to your transaction total.
So, make sure you have your trusty debit card handy when you want to take advantage of this perk.
Cash Back Bliss, Without the Fees
The best part? Walgreens doesn’t charge any fees for cash back! That’s right, unlike ATMs that chomp into your hard-earned money, Walgreens lets you keep every penny. Talk about a sweet deal!
What are the Cash Back Limits at Walgreens?
Here’s the fine print:
- Limit per transaction: $20 is the magic number. No supersizing your cashback here.
- The minimum purchase required to get cash back at Walgreens is a mere $0.01. This makes it a convenient option for obtaining cash, even if you only need a small amount. For instance, you can buy a pack of gum or candy to qualify for cash back and avoid ATM fees.
- Multiple transactions: Tricky. While technically possible, it depends on store policies, available cash on hand, and queue lengths. Politely ask the cashier if this option works on your visit.
- Bank checks and gift cards: No dice. Walgreens doesn’t accept checks or gift cards for cashback.
- Pharmacy counter: Cashback applies here, too, with the same $20 limit. Remember, insurance-covered purchases won’t qualify.
- Balance Rewards Cards: Points are great for discounts but not for direct cashback with Balance Rewards Cards.
Cash Back 101: How It Works
- Pick your goodies: Grab whatever tickles your fancy, be it a pack of gum or a prescription refill.
- Cashback time: Before handing over your payment, inform the cashier you’d like cashback and specify the amount (up to $20).
- Pay up: Settle the total bill, including the cashback amount. Your receipt will reflect both the purchase and the cashback received.
Pro tip: Ask for cashback before completing your transaction. Otherwise, you might need to purchase something additional to fulfill the minimum requirement.
What if I need more than their limit?
If you need more than $20 in cash, you can make multiple transactions, as mentioned earlier. Each transaction can be for any amount above $0.01, allowing you to accumulate more than the $20 limit per transaction.
Will I get Cash Back if I Purchased with Insurance?
Unfortunately, cashback is unavailable if your entire purchase is covered by insurance. However, if insurance only covers a portion of the bill and you still have to pay at least $0.01 out of pocket, you can get cash back on that amount.
Why Choose Walgreens Cash Back?
Here are some compelling reasons to consider using Walgreens for your cashback needs:
- Avoid ATM fees: Skip the ATM charges, which can sometimes be as high as $5, and get your cash back conveniently at Walgreens instead.
- Widespread availability: With over 9,000 stores across the country, Walgreens is far more ubiquitous than most ATMs, making it easier to find a location near you.
- Multitasking convenience: Combine your cashback request with your regular shopping or prescription pickup at Walgreens, saving you time and effort.
- Extended hours: Many Walgreens stores operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on holidays, providing you with greater flexibility for accessing your cash.
What are the alternatives for Cash Back?
Alternative Stores for Cash Back
Several other stores besides Walgreens offer cash back on debit card purchases. Some popular options include:
- Dollar General
- Sam’s Club
- Food Lion
Walgreens provides a convenient way to get cash back on debit card purchases, with a minimum requirement of $0.01 and a maximum limit of $20 per transaction.
Remember that cashback is not available for credit card or check transactions.
Understanding these guidelines allows you to easily take advantage of Walgreens’ cash-back service and avoid unnecessary ATM fees.
You also like reading this:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get more than $20 in cash back in one visit?
Unfortunately, no. The maximum allowable cash back per transaction is $20. You can, however, split your purchase into multiple transactions if needed.
Do I have to be a myWalgreens member to get cash back?
No, regardless of loyalty program membership, debit card cash back is available to everyone. However, becoming a member unlocks additional benefits like points-based cash back.
Are there any fees associated with getting cash back at Walgreens?
While Walgreens doesn’t charge cash-back fees, your bank might. Check with your bank to confirm their specific policies regarding ATM withdrawals at point-of-sale terminals.
How do I get my Walgreens cash?
There are two main ways to get your Walgreens cash:
- Automatically during checkout: If you’re a my Walgreens member and have linked your phone number or contactless checkout code to your account, you’re earned Walgreens Cash will automatically be applied to your purchase at checkout. Just make sure your email address is also linked for full redemption.
- Manually redeem: You can manually redeem your Walgreens Cash online or in the Walgreens app. Go to your account’s “Walgreens Cash” section and choose the rewards you want to use. Then, during checkout in-store, provide your phone number or scan the contactless code associated with your account.
Remember, Walgreens Cash can only be redeemed in specific increments ($5, $10, $25, etc.).
What stores give $200 cash back?
Several stores offer $200 cash back or more when meeting specific requirements, but availability and conditions can change. Here are a few examples:
- Bank promotions: Many banks offer $200 or more cash back when opening a new checking or savings account and meeting deposit requirements.
- Retail store promotions: Some retailers sometimes offer $200 cash back for specific purchases, especially during major holidays or appliance promotions. Keep an eye on store circulars and websites for current offers.
- Credit card sign-up bonuses: Some credit cards offer lucrative sign-up bonuses, sometimes reaching $200 or more in statement credits or gift cards after spending a certain amount within a set timeframe. Compare terms and fees before applying.
Does Walmart give cash back?
Walmart itself doesn’t offer direct cash back on purchases. However, there are ways to get cash back while shopping at Walmart:
- Walmart Rewards card: Using a Walmart Rewards card earns points on purchases, which can later be redeemed for gift cards or used to lower your bill at checkout.
- Third-party apps and services: Apps like Ibotta, Rakuten, and Fetch Rewards offer cash back on specific purchases at Walmart. Link your loyalty card or scan your receipt after shopping to earn rewards.
- Debit card cash back programs: Some debit cards offer cash back on purchases, including at Walmart. Check your bank’s terms and conditions to see if your card qualifies.
Does 7 Eleven give cash back?
7 Eleven doesn’t directly offer cash back on purchases. However, you can access your cash through certain ATM networks within the store or use debit cards that offer cash-back rewards. Additionally, some mobile payment apps like Google Pay might offer cash-back promotions at specific 7-Eleven locations.
Remember, always check the specific terms and conditions of any cash-back offer before making a purchase.